Saturday 20 February 2010

A Sea of Air II


Another go at video, this time shot with an Olympus 24mm f/2.8 and an Olympus 50mm f/1.4, entirely at f/2.8 and f/1.4, mounted on a Canon 5D Mk II. The subject is Salisbury Cathedral, with a guest appearance from Emily Young's "Lunar Disc I". Emily Young sang on the very first Penguin Cafe Orchestra album, and painted the cover, and so in my book she's alright.

The music is wildly appropriate. I recorded it back in 2007; the clip here is a minute-long excerpt from the second part of a much longer piece.

The clips were processed with VirtualDub. I didn't bother with MPEG Streamclip this time, because I have found a way - thanks to the mysterious "Ares" - to open the 5D's videos directly into VirtualDub. The clips and the music were then assembled with Windows Movie Maker whilst simultaneously watching the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version of Mighty Jack.