Sunday 29 January 2012

Nikita 2214

The lovely Nikita Sablier
5D MkII / 70-200mm f/2.8 IS

People sometimes stop me in the street and ask me, "Ashley", they say, "that awesome porcelain skin effect that you do so well - what inspired you to use that look?", and I fix them in the eye and say "Your Sinclair, October 1988, page 34", which has an advert for Dinamic Software's Game Over II, painted by Luis Royo. Dinamic Software hailed from Spain, and their games were colourful, action-packed, and notoriously difficult. The company is remembered fondly by British (and Spanish) men of a certain age for the racey cover art for Game Over, which thoroughly trumped the famous Farrah Fawcett poster in the nipple department. That kind of thing lodges itself in your mind when you're 12 years old, which I was in 1988.

Because I will it so, February shall be poetry month. Each post shall take the form of an illustrated poem.

Because I am Ashley Pomeroy, Prince of Poesy. Viscount of Verse. Rector of Rhyme.